Santiation Supervisor I
Job #: DEC12-21
Job Type: Regular full time
Job Grade: 11
Business Unit: Ralcorp Food Group
Location: El Paso TX
Responsible for managing and directing sanitation activities and sanitation affected verification programs for the entire facility; including production, warehousing, receiving, shipping, and maintenance areas. This position acts as a direct report for all janitorial staff, and secondary supervision to the facility sanitation crews. This position supervises and coordinates activities with food safety and sanitation programs. The position is responsible for management of plant cleaning, sanitation, pest control, and compliance with GMP’s, sanitation policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
· Maintains complete Sanitation Management System which includes:
· Must be able to work most weekends and some off-shifts.
o Master Sanitation Schedule planning, updating, and writing
o Acts as the primary contact with Ecolab chemical supplier
o Track, maintain, and order chemicals
o Implement and verify sanitation documentation such as SOPs and Pre-Op Inspections
o Training and observation of the sanitation work force
· Maintains the plant pest control program
· Maintains and actively verifies the plants allergen control program
· Maintains Kosher Schedules and Inspections
· Conducts periodic food safety audits (Verification)
· Plans future department activities such as changes in shifts, schedules, and major project cleaning of equipment.
· Plans, coordinates and advises managers, supervisors, and department employees of sanitation work to be completed on schedule
· Trains new employees to perform job duties efficiently and effectively. Works closely with department Supervisor to monitor and assess employee's progress. Assigns responsibilities accordingly.
· Coordinates maintenance work on sanitation equipment to ensure proper functioning and preventive maintenance.
· Complies with all federal, state and local regulatory requirements and procedures.
· Will follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
· Will support the development, implementation, maintenance and ongoing improvement of the SQF Systems.
· Actively involved in the continuous improvement of Plant Sanitation and Operations. (Troubleshoots problems and notifies the Production/Quality Manager to determine root cause resolution.)
· In the absence of the Sanitation Supervisor, the Quality Manager will assume decision making responsibilities that are necessary to assure food products are safe and meet quality requirements.
· Performs other various job functions as may be assigned.
• BS degree; Food or Science discipline preferred
• Experience successfully supervising, leading, and training employees required
• Solid written and verbal communication skills at all organizational levels
• Proven ability to analyze large amounts of complex data
• Enjoys a hands-on work environment
• Knowledge of chemicals used to clean & sanitize equipment
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Ability to effectively perform multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
• Bi-Lingual (English and Spanish) verbal and written abilities strongly encouraged
• Ability to function well under pressure deadlines
• Computer skills to include Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Visio
• Requires walking/standing approximately 75%; sitting approximately 25% and only minimal lifting involved
The above description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential job functions, and set forth the requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of job functions or requirements.
• Requires use of hands, arms and feet for occasional lifting use of hands and arms to manually operate computer key board, record written information and to occasionally operate department machinery
How to Submit Your Resume
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Ralcorp is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Ralcorp to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era.
EMAIL THIS JOB TO A FRIEND